Announced:
12 Jan 2009
Construction Start:
08 Apr 2011
Opening:
91 ha
  1. MarcoDisney is offline themeparX Top Investigator

2. MarcoDisney is offline themeparX Top Investigator
    I read that they offer early entry to hotel guests. Maybe someone could get in touch with them and find out more?

3. MarcoDisney is offline themeparX Top Investigator
    Hey i also was on the laptop for hours that easter sunday...had faced all the same problems you describe in your post. Then about 11 pm german time, i was positively shocked, that i finally got my conformation for the disneyland hotel in my mailbox / 4 days starting 30th august. I also read before, that with hotel booking you are granted theme park tickets. But i tried to buy them also online that night and after some difficulties at some point i got the confirmation numbers for two two day tickets on my mobile device. But i did NOT receive an email confirming ticket purchase, first i thought it might be some delay in sending due to the high demand or reservation system crash...anyway i got mixed feeling...so the day after i called reservation hotline, the lady could confirm all of my reservations hotel and two two day passes. i told her, that i did not receive confirmation email...she told they will resend me within 24 hours, i also confirmed my email with her - until now and the 24 hours are long over - i still have not received the emails!!!! I dont know whats wrong...Something else interesting: If i log on the official site with my account i did purchase hotel ans tickets, i can display them under my tickets/my reservations. If i do the same and log on to my account and the site on laptop i can not find the my ticket/my reservation sections....strange/maybe site not updated by them? Then someone postet a link to retrive tickets and reservations with the confirmation numbers and this also works on my laptop - everything is displayed. I just do not understand why i not receive email confirmation. One question to all who purchased tickets: My tickets are not with my name on them just long number and barcode..i also tried to fill in the identification id for passports while purchasing but it did not take my german passport number - so i skipt this step and left this field blank...what are your experiences?

4. In the 2 weeks up to March 28th, I spent a lot of time on the internet looking for information, got to "know" Nomo on live chat, and made several calls to their reservations number. Not a lot of progress. Then March 28th came (noon on Easter for me). Same issues as everyone else. System time outs, have to register first, disable pop ups, who speaks mandarin anyway, etc. After a couple of hours on multiple laptops, we finally went through a mobile app and were able to grab a room. Because I needed two, I went for a 2-BR suite (surprisingly only slightly higher than the cost of 2 rooms). Still a lot of money, but we have received a confirmation and my bank's fraud unit called me to confirm the "Chinese" transaction. Good news is I can see the reservation on the Shanghai Disneyland website, so all is well. I then spent the rest of Sunday and Monday trying to get tickets purchased. I kept getting error messages saying new user or something like that. Never got through to reservations that first day (always a fast busy). I repeatedly called their reservations department on Monday/Tuesday and had multiple drops and often bad connections. No luck there. I then went on live chat and got my good friend Nomo. I explained my difficulty in booking park tickets and he indicated that since I had a hotel reservation (and had registered), I could not purchase park tickets online in advance of my arrival. He said I had to purchase them at the hotel when I arrived. He assured me that as a park guest, my ability to purchase tickets were guaranteed. That is what last week's FAQ release said. I suppose I am just being cautiously nervous. Any information anyone can add is greatly appreciated. Looking back at what I did on Sunday, it was a smart move to grab the hotel first. Sunday may have been painful (anxiety, panic, anger, frustration, etc.), but in the end I have my hotel reservation. We (my party of 6) arrive on June 29th for 4 days. I have between now and then to now worry about the crowds and the lines in the park. Hopefully, they have been "conservative" in the number of tickets issued for the first few weeks as "break in" the cast members and the attractions. I may be Pollyanna in this aspect, but I can dream. Congratulations to everyone who was successful in on Sunday-Monday.

5. Adam is offline themeparX Top Investigator
    While the opening of ticket sales was catalogued by many of us "as it happened" on here, here are a few official news stories:

Bloomberg reported that the opening day tickets sold out "within hours". In particular the news article was posted just over 14 hours after tickets went on sale. Congratulations to all of us (myself included) who got tickets for the opening day!

Additionally, the same article reports that by noon on Monday (not sure what time zone that is, but certainly within 24 hours of booking opening), *both* of the hotels were fully booked for the first *two weeks* after opening! Once again, congratulations to all of us who booked those rooms!

Source: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-03-28/shanghai-disneyland-opening-day-tickets-sold-out-online-in-hours

Shanghaiist are reporting that the first 3 days of park tickets are now totally sold out. However, the same article says that opening day tickets sold out within 5 minutes, which is clearly wrong, so I'm not sure how much to trust the rest of the article.

It also says that tickets for those days are being sold online by touts for as much as 3400RMB.

Source: http://shanghaiist.com/2016/03/29/disneyland_ticket_scalpers.php

AsiaOne reports that the Shanghai Disney Resort website crashed 5 minutes after ticket sales opening and that it had 5 million clicks within the first 30 minutes. And Alitrip had 20,000 ticket sales within the first 30 minutes.

Source: http://travel.asiaone.com/travel/inspirations/shanghai-disney-website-crashes-customers-snap-tickets

6. MarcoDisney is offline themeparX Top Investigator
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcoDisney View Post
    WoW you are my hero - i tried your link and my tickets are displayed😍 only hotel reservation is not working - the confirmation number for hotel is only 5 numbers right? I called hotline today, they confirmed tickets and hotel and said they send confirmation email for tickets within next 24hrs...many thanks for posting the link
    Managed to display also my hotel reservation - no its time to relax 😅

7. MarcoDisney is offline themeparX Top Investigator
    WoW you are my hero - i tried your link and my tickets are displayed😍 only hotel reservation is not working - the confirmation number for hotel is only 5 numbers right? I called hotline today, they confirmed tickets and hotel and said they send confirmation email for tickets within next 24hrs...many thanks for posting the link

8. Adam is offline themeparX Top Investigator
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcoDisney View Post
    I did same, i booking proceeded i have confirmation number and could display etickets on my mobile - for some reason booking did not work on my pc yesterday so i did it via smartphone. On my smartphone i can display etickets and everything on their mobile version of their official page - there are writers under park "My Tickets" and under place to stay "My reservations" . There everything is displayed correctly, but that is missing if i log into my account and want to view the same on laptop in internet explorer...-i think they just have to update their website/system. For hotel reservation i received an email just after i completed booking, but for the ticket i still did not get a confirmation email. Maybe also due to system problem. So it is the same situation with you???
    Hi Marco, I also booked my hotel from my smartphone, but the hotel ticket shows up on both the mobile site and the desktop site. I did book my park tickets through the desktop site though - not sure if that makes a difference.

Have you tried logging in and then going to https://www.shanghaidisneyresort.com/en/my-tickets/retrieve/ and entering your confirmation number?

9. ricklin69 is offline Park Investigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    If I want to book two rooms, I have to make separate reservations online? Or should I just call them to have it under one reservations?
    I booked both of my rooms separately online but Im pretty sure can just do it over the phone at the same time. I called them yesterday from the U.S and was on hold for about 5 minutes only for an agent but beware of some agents who work the English line- I had an agent that was so bad at it I almost cried. After like 15 minutes she just gave up and told me to call back later then I finally got one who was much better.

10. MarcoDisney is offline themeparX Top Investigator
    Me not, i am wondering...should i be worried, i mean i have confirmation numbers and ticket purchase shows up on my account....i just wrote an email to them...