Construction Start:
14 Apr 2016
Opening:
29 Aug 2019
10 ha
  1. gspece is offline Senior Park Investigator

2. sebbyg is offline Curious Chap

3. CarlySX is offline themeparX Top Investigator
    Arrow points to work starting on concrete floor forms.

Source: http://attractionsmagazine.com/walt-disney-world-construction-update

4. gspece is offline Senior Park Investigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    It appears that the third track was installed back in May 2016. Could someone please post a track layout including the 3rd track?
    I think it's identical to the other two. Rode on it twice last time and it felt the same as the old tracks.

5. Michael is offline themeparX Top Investigator

6. TSM already has a 3rd track. It opened last year. I don't know if it's certain that they're moving the TSM entrance especially if it means closing the ride. That park can't afford to have any fewer rides at the moment.
    It appears that the third track was installed back in May 2016. Could someone please post a track layout including the 3rd track?

7. gspece is offline Senior Park Investigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    Toy Story Mania will also be adding a 3rd track at some point in the near future as well.
    TSM already has a 3rd track. It opened last year. I don't know if it's certain that they're moving the TSM entrance especially if it means closing the ride. That park can't afford to have any fewer rides at the moment.

8. I have a feeling though that the new entrance to Toy Story Mania will require a major renovation & enormous changes to its queue. It would probably have to be closed for a couple of months...
    Toy Story Mania will also be adding a 3rd track at some point in the near future as well.

9. Imagine if the entrance to star tours was another entrance to the land itself...

sort of like a trip to another planet, based on what star tours actually is...

M
    Looking at the aerial in post #63, surely the entrance to Star Tours is simply being moved to join the corner of the new land, same as the entrance to Toy Story Midway Mania is being moved?
    That idea sounds very interesting, however I think that the exit being moved would be much easier. That way the only thing that would have to be move would be the exit / "exit queue" for Star Tours. This could also utilize the previously mentioned underground tunnel underneath Muppets Courtyard or it could add a inclosed exit walkway that would take guest out through the far (back) side of the Star Tours show-building, around / behind behind Muppets Courtyard, and finally under / through the new "barrier / retaining wall / facade" and into Star Wars Land (that could be quite a long walk though...). This would allow for Muppets Courtyard AND Star Tours to remain, the latter becoming "intergalactic transportation" to Star Wars Land.

I have a feeling though that the new entrance to Toy Story Mania will require a major renovation & enormous changes to its queue. It would probably have to be closed for a couple of months...

10. Imagine if the entrance to star tours was another entrance to the land itself...

sort of like a trip to another planet, based on what star tours actually is...

M