06 Jun 2024
19 ha
  1. Michael is offline themeparX Top Investigator

2. Michael is offline themeparX Top Investigator

3. Sunmz is offline themeparX Top Investigator

4. Michael is offline themeparX Top Investigator

5. Michael is offline themeparX Top Investigator

6. Michael is offline themeparX Top Investigator

7. Thanks for the info, however I know how the trackless rides work. I’ve ridden mystic manor and poohs hunny hunt.
    My surprise is more the dispatch of 6 / 60p is a huge deal for a ride in general.
    This does however mean the “show scenes” will be huge to accommodate the cups. And will maybe only have 4 or 5 “scenes”.
    Three we know - outside garden, dining room and ballroom all of which will be a somewhat at length stop point before moving on.

Exciting times ahead for opening day and more footage and pics coming out.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlySX View Post
    Yes, it's the same ride format that they use for Ratatouille. Cars are dispatched together because the trackless vehicles move independently of each other so don't need to wait for the "previous" vehicle to be dispatched first. So you get a similar throughput as you would expect with an omni-mover but with the vehicles going in a single dispatch so the ride doesn't have to be linear and repetitive like a regular dark ride would be.

Ratatouille doesn't hit 60 per dispatch (off the top of my head it's 15 for DLP) but I would suspect it has a similar hourly throughput given what this ride looks like overall because Ratatouille is very linear and dispatches are very regular.

8. CarlySX is offline themeparX Top Investigator
    Yes, it's the same ride format that they use for Ratatouille. Cars are dispatched together because the trackless vehicles move independently of each other so don't need to wait for the "previous" vehicle to be dispatched first. So you get a similar throughput as you would expect with an omni-mover but with the vehicles going in a single dispatch so the ride doesn't have to be linear and repetitive like a regular dark ride would be.

Ratatouille doesn't hit 60 per dispatch (off the top of my head it's 15 for DLP) but I would suspect it has a similar hourly throughput given what this ride looks like overall because Ratatouille is very linear and dispatches are very regular.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest View Post
    That load platform image I thought.... No.... they can't send 6 cups at once can they? Then looked back at the concept video footage and, yes, there are 6 cars.
    10 riders per car, 60 people per dispatch is massive. I guess Disney agreed to do OLC’s request to increase capacity on its rides moving forward. Frozen and Tangled I would think will have large capacity boats.

9. That load platform image I thought.... No.... they can't send 6 cups at once can they? Then looked back at the concept video footage and, yes, there are 6 cars.
    10 riders per car, 60 people per dispatch is massive. I guess Disney agreed to do OLC’s request to increase capacity on its rides moving forward. Frozen and Tangled I would think will have large capacity boats.