Budget:
Announced:
03 Apr 2019
Construction Start:
26 May 2022
Opening:
unknown

1. r0z1n is offline Curious Chap
    We've known about this for a while. However we're likely to not get any more news about this till around the time Minion Land is close to completion.

2. wazu is offline New User
    I just watched a video on Super Nintendo in Orlando and it mentioned that Universal announced and is going to build a Super Nintendo in Singapore. What do you think about this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vNY18l9EIc&ab_channel=ThemeParkStop

3. Cygnus is offline Curious Chap

4. Any updates on the construction? It's been quiet..

5. Construction on Minion Land started today.

Minion Land, Universal Studios Singapore’s latest offering slated to open in 2024, broke ground today at a ceremony graced by Minister of State for Trade & Industry, and Culture, Community and Youth, Mr Alvin Tan. The mischievous Minions joined in the celebration with their team of builders. Their dance performances, along with dramatic effects at the event, provided fun and entertainment to more than 120 guests from Singapore’s tourism sector who partook in the start of a new and exciting chapter for Universal Studios Singapore. The celebratory occasion signaled Resorts World Sentosa’s commitment to work with industry partners to prepare for the revival of travel to Singapore. Construction is now underway to bring the wonderful world of Illumination’s Minions to life.

As one of the key components of Resorts World Sentosa’s (RWS) expansion plan RWS 2.0, Minion Land will strengthen Universal Studios Singapore’s offerings and is anticipated to be a popular draw for both local visitors and overseas tourists. With Universal Studios Singapore consistently rated as one of Singapore’s top attractions, Minion Land is set to lead Singapore’s post-pandemic tourism recovery when it opens.
    Source: https://str.sg/w2QL and https://www.rwsentosa.com/-/jssmedia/project/non-gaming/rwsentosa/press-release/2022/220526_rws-press-release---universal-studios-singapore-breaks-ground-on-minion-land.pdf

6. Looks like Madagascar is officially closed meaning construction has or will start very shortly

7. Michael is offline themeparX Top Investigator
    Resorts World Sentosa has come out with a new press release regarding their expansion/renovation plans: https://www.rwsentosa.com/-/media/project/non-gaming/rwsentosa/press-release/pdf/en/2022/220217press-release--rws-expansion-to-lead-the-recovery-of-singapores-tourism-press-room.pdf?la=en

The key points of the press release relating to Universal Studios Singapore are:

- Minion Park has been renamed to Minion Land (no longer same name as Japan but now same name as Beijing)
    - Construction will commence in the second quarter of 2022
    - In addition to Despicable Me Minion Mayhem, Minion Land will have a second ride that will be “a world’s first original ride exclusive to Universal Studios Singapore”
    - Super Nintendo World is not mentioned all (but that doesn’t mean it’s cancelled or even on hold)
    - No completion/opening time frame mentioned for Minion Land or the expansion/renovation as a whole

Minion Land will thrill and delight audiences of all ages with its popular and mischievous Minions from Illumination’s Despicable Me. New adventures will be in store at the expansive zone, where there will be multiple rides including a world’s first original ride exclusive to Universal Studios Singapore, and Despicable Me Minion Mayhem, an immersive motion-simulator 3D ride featuring a hyper-realistic projection system. Themed shops as well as restaurants in this new zone will appeal to multi- generational guests.
    Lower your expectations on the “world’s first original ride exclusive to Universal Studios Singapore” because it is probably King Julien's Beach Party-Go-Round being rethemed to Despicable Me/Minions characters.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Guest View Post
    Another delay at Universal Studios Singapore for Minion Park and Super Nintendo World. No word on how long the delay will be other than it now being after 2025, which was their original target.

https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/government-economy/full-extent-of-delay-to-expansion-of-mbs-rws-not-yet-clear-alvin-tan
    I think what it saying is that the project will be complete after 2025. Naturally that makes sense as last year they announced that they were delaying the project to this year. I think originally it was meant to start in 2020 as they originally said the expansion would open up in phases from 2022-2025, as such since development was pushed to this year the completion date will be pushed too. So no, there is not another delay the completion date is just being pushed which is to be expected with the caliber of the expansion. I'm pretty sure this doesn't change anything.

Another thing I noticed at RWS is that both Trick Eye museum and HeadRock VR have closed and have relocated to Siloso. (Headrock VR closed in September and TrickEye in December.) The HeadRock and TrickEye location were planned to be replaced by either a part of the new waterfront complex bridge or part of the Mario Kart attraction or both. (Not so sure exactly) but of them (Mario Kart and Waterfront) are part of the RWS 2.0 expansion. Combine this with the fact that the S.E.A aquarium Oceanarium expansion (Another part of the RWS 2.0 expansion) was announced to be completed by end 2024, which gives it around 2 and a half or maybe 2 years depending on when these projects start this year because we can't be for sure when exactly it's going to be this year. But 2 and a half- 2 years seems like a good amount of time considering this seems like a pretty ambitious expansion. Combine this with the closing with the two places which were planned to be replaced with RWS 2.0 and I think it lines up pretty well. So if all goes well and they don't announce anymore delays, RWS 2.0 should start development this year. I'm not exactly sure if Minion park or Nintendo world will start this year. But given the fact that the opening dates line up well and very recently they closed the two attractions (Headrock and TrickEye), it seems like it's to prepare to start development, RWS 2.0 will most likely start this year which also lines up with the delay announced last year to 2022.

Sources:
    https://www.asgam.com/index.php/2021/02/24/genting-singapore-to-delay-rws-2-0-development-to-2022/
    https://www.ggrasia.com/rws-2-0s-oceanarium-completed-end-2024-genting/

9. Another delay at Universal Studios Singapore for Minion Park and Super Nintendo World. No word on how long the delay will be other than it now being after 2025, which was their original target.

Giving an update on the IRs in Parliament on Monday (Jan 10), he noted that Marina Bay Sands (MBS) and Resorts World Sentosa (RWS) had indicated that there will be potential delays in the completion of their expansion plans due to the pandemic disrupting the construction industry. "This is not altogether surprising nor unique to this project or this industry. Covid-19 has affected construction timelines, both locally and globally," he said, adding that the IRs remain committed to their expansion plans.

The plans include adding a fourth tower to the iconic MBS development and a 1,500-seat entertainment area. RWS will add two new zones to Universal Studios Singapore - Minion Park and Super Nintendo World - as well as a new oceanarium.

RWS' owner Genting Singapore said the timeline of its project - which it initially projected to be completed around 2025 - would be impacted due to the pandemic.

Both IRs did not say how long its plans would be delayed for.
    https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/government-economy/full-extent-of-delay-to-expansion-of-mbs-rws-not-yet-clear-alvin-tan