Announced:
16 Oct 2006
Construction Start:
16 Apr 2007
Opening:
07 Dec 2012
8 ha
  1. heidi is offline Newbie
    Hi, we are traveling here in mid July 2012, does anyone know if it will be open?

2. dejiki is offline Park Investigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    This is interesting concept art, but it doesn't show any slides whatsoever! Do you have more material?
    Take a look at this old resort map, which shows how the original Equarius Water Park and Marine Life Park were initially planned, with Equarius Hotel in the middle.

3. thethemeparkguy is offline themeparX Top Investigator
    @dejiki, thanks for posting this!

4. This is interesting concept art, but it doesn't show any slides whatsoever! Do you have more material?

5. dejiki is offline Park Investigator
    Quote Originally Posted by thethemeparkguy View Post
    Hi Stefan, thanks for posting the link! Got too caught up with work and stuff after we met that afternoon.

This park went through several design iterations. In case anyone's interested, here's the original concept art. The park was designed with two levels in mind (a street level and an "underwater" level, for "tank viewing") for different experiences. Not sure if we'll be getting this in the final version - too much construction going on to discern anyway.

Good thing they scaled back the Equarius Hotel and stuffed it in the corner. The current MLP looks a lot larger than the concept art.

6. zooish is offline Curious Chap
    Quote Originally Posted by research007 View Post
    <insert creature>, LOL. That can only be dolphins, I wouldn't wanna swim with rays!
    But that's one of the proposed swim programs! Dolphins, rays, sharks and a re-created coral reef are the planned swim experiences.

7. thethemeparkguy is offline themeparX Top Investigator

8. research007 is offline themeparX Top Investigator
    Quote Originally Posted by zooish View Post
    ...and swim-with- <insert creature> programs.
    <insert creature>, LOL. That can only be dolphins, I wouldn't wanna swim with rays!

9. zooish is offline Curious Chap
    The new name reflects the new direction the attraction is taking. It will not be a standalone water park, but incorporated as part of the larger oceanarium. That's why it looks light on slides, because the main attractions are the marine life displays and swim-with- <insert creature> programs.

10. WSDB is offline Newbie
    While I have to admit that there doesn't seem to be a lot of water slides, I would look at the brighter sides of what the park should offer. It's a pretty small park with a few slides, what seems to be an adequately long and deep lazy river, and a big rock building with who-knows-what inside (Well, I don't know what's inside).

The place looks pretty nice from a local standpoint, and would seem worth a stop if I was traveling near the area (imo).

Are those photos yours?