Budget:
Announced:
05 Sep 2015
Construction Start:
May 2019
Opening:
20 Dec 2023
  1. That is a very tight piece of land.

2. As crazy as it sounds, the Spiderman rollercoaster is set to go next to the Zootopia expansion, in between the 7 dwarfs mine train and the Pirates of the Caribbean ride. It's set to have mixed track elements similar to Hagrid's coaster in Universal.

3. Isn’t big thunder mountain a themed outdoor roller coaster?

4. jimmy is offline New User
    Sadly there seems to be no space in Tomorrowland for such a big attraction (Spider-Man launched coaster). It's rumored that Shanghai will have Star Wars & Marvel Lands in its second park which is planned to open in 2029.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Guest View Post
    I would have thought they would lift Iron Man from Paris
    I feel like Shanghai has an agreement with Disney to create for them unique E-ticket attractions, or at least a unique spin on a classic attraction - so I feel like they won't invest in a clone of what's itself a lightly-rethemed clone. But I do wonder if Disney want another Avengers Campus - wasn't Hong Kong supposed to have the Asian campus?

6. I would have thought they would lift Iron Man from Paris

7. Quote Originally Posted by Guest View Post
    Hi, Jake from Jake's Journeys here. Just had some insider information that the new roller coaster is a Spider-Man themed outdoor multi launch coaster. A close friend works at Disney Shanghai and shared the plans for Zootopia and the Spider-Man rollercoaster. It makes sense they would go for Marvel themed attractions, since Avengers is extremely popular in China.
    An outdoor Spider-man rollercoaster? That makes no sense. It's Disney, not Six Flags... Your "friend" may be wrong about the theme...

8. abasal is offline Curious Chap
    I think the Spider-Man roller coaster will be in Tomorrowland. They already have there several areas dedicated to Marvel.

9. That's so cool! So there will be a Marvel Land next to Zootopia?

10. Hi, Jake from Jake's Journeys here. Just had some insider information that the new roller coaster is a Spider-Man themed outdoor multi launch coaster. A close friend works at Disney Shanghai and shared the plans for Zootopia and the Spider-Man rollercoaster. It makes sense they would go for Marvel themed attractions, since Avengers is extremely popular in China.