Send your construction pics to content_at_themeparxdotcom

1. Still struggling to find any link to Universal Studios taking over.

2. Where did these rumours of Universal taking over come from? I would absolutely love it to be true, the UK getting a Wizarding World of Harry Potter would be incredible but is there any evidence of these claims being genuine?

3. According to insiders, consultations are due to start by fall 2018. They are still in talks with NBC. Europe would be a big market for Universal to expand and as a competitor to Disneyland Paris.

4. You may well think that but there has been a veritable boom in tourists coming to the UK, also if there was (and this is only a thought) it might have a positive impact on tourism to the UK if there was a Disneyland in the UK or a Universal Studios London.

Let's not forget London's a world-city and there a quite a few areas both in and around the capital that could accommodate such an investment.

5. fradz is offline Senior Park Investigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Guest View Post
    I've seen a few articles about this online and apparently there has been some talk of The London Resort creators leaving themselves open for talks with other big-film studios, and NBC Universal was mentioned. I'm from the UK and I wouldn't mind there being either a Universal Studios London or a Disneyland UK/Britain/London over here. It'd save many Brits a fortune in flight/ferry tickets and accommodation etc.
    Disneyland in UK would never, ever ever happen. Disneyland Paris already relies heavily on British tourism to sustain their activity, TWDC would not put two of their own theme parks in competition

6. I've seen a few articles about this online and apparently there has been some talk of The London Resort creators leaving themselves open for talks with other big-film studios, and NBC Universal was mentioned. I'm from the UK and I wouldn't mind there being either a Universal Studios London or a Disneyland UK/Britain/London over here. It'd save many Brits a fortune in flight/ferry tickets and accommodation etc.

7. I think this new name and the way things were worded on their website suggests we can rule out the possibility of it being a Universal Studios London park. Don’t get me wrong I’m still hoping to be proved wrong.

8. The British are probably the biggest theme park fans in Europe. It's in our history from the Victorian seaside parks of yesteryear. Or to put it another way, I was at Alton towers on a cold windy summers day and the queue for the River Rapids ride was 2 hrs long. When I was in Spain we went to Terra Mitca on a nice warm summers day and it was a 10 minute queue for their Rapids ride which is just as good as the Alton Towers version. So the weather does not really come into it as far as the British are concerned.

If it was made to the same quality and themes as Universal Studios Florida it would be packed out no problem and that would just be with the British fans.

9. They can do what they did with Japan and have a lot indoors. UK does see a fair portion of sunshine.

10. fradz is offline Senior Park Investigator
    Disneyland Paris, the closest thing to a Universal Studios London-type of park, has 20% of its visitors coming from the UK. There is definitely a large demand coming from there, if they're able to attract a decent portion of the UK market plus some tourists and the parkfans to their location, it's not impossible for them to succeed.

If we're talking strictly about weather, sunny UAE is struggling at the moment with its theme parks. Location is key