Send your construction pics to content_at_themeparxdotcom

Post an Update
Page 12 of 35 First Page ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... Last Page
Posts 111 - 120 of 344
  1. Paulo is offline Senior Park Investigator
    Dr Who looks like a trackless ride vehicle.

I really hope the team of designers do some field research. If it was a trackless ride vehicle I'd be researching how they created attractions like Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway and Rise of the Resistance at Hollywood Studios. Or, closer to home such as Dreamflight at Efteling. Even something like that would be good.

Top Gear being a water ride... not sure about that one! I hope it doesn't end up being something like Tidal Wave at Thorpe Park, but with some Top Gear signage. I would have thought something like a racing/duelling coaster. Twisted Colossus looks amazing, but maybe a wooden coaster works better with some of the other IP's and lands in the park.

Indiana Jones looking walk. As long as a walk through has been well thought of it could be cool. I love the queue for Indiana Jones at Disneyland California. So many Easter eggs and things to do in the queue. Got to ride it first earlier in the year.

Other ideas look OK from the pictures. Some pretty vague though. I'm hoping Mission Impossible will be one of the star attractions. That and The Italian Job (based on the original).

2. @themeparkmad
    The other Paramount parks look remarkable similar, sharing almost identical buildings, coasters and birds eye view concept art. I have been looking at the announced rides for Paramount Korea and they will probably be very similar to the London resorts attractions. IPs include Tomb Raider, Mission Impossible and Italian Job!

I am attending a consultation this evening so I will post my findings tomorrow.

Happy investigating!

3. Paulo is offline Senior Park Investigator
    Where is this concept art now then? Where did it come from? Would love to take a look.

Just on the webinar now. Interesting stuff!

4. @themeparkmad
    Early rumours from previously posted concept art:

After having a look at the companies involved with the project and the aerial view and limited time video posted etc, I have found out that the rides proposed have not been anywhere near finalized just a rough story the designers say that they are looking for ‘next generation technology’ and are postponing ride development until the last couple of months.

I took a deep look into the posted (then deleted) concept art and I see:
    * A Doctor Who style dark ride with yellow hexagonal movers (from the video),
    * A Mission Impossible attraction based around an intelligent looking bank with what looks like future technology,
    * An Indiana Jones style river rapid I don’t know the IP but it looks like a fun adventure ride,
    * Another temple adventure looking coaster with large stone pillars and carved human like faces,
    * A Top Gear water ride by the looks of things were you can race your friends,
    * Small jungle huts were seen possibly being bars, restaurants or restrooms,
    * A mega wooden coaster (x2) one in a large mountain most likely an explorer attraction because of the crashed plane and one being at the large castle,
    * One walk through attraction in a house although the IP is unknown
    * A large outdoor venue with shops
    * A Paramount cinema.

I’ll post more findings as I have only scratched the surface and I can already see lots of attractions. Please note that these are just rumors from the given concept art and the business/hotel video which you cannot view due to the resort's request. I will update you soon. Lastly I am attending a consultation this evening and will notify you of any other findings.

From Themeparkmad

5. What is the source for this information (Universal’s partnership)? Also if any one attends a consultation then please tell us your findings

6. CarlySX is offline themeparX Top Investigator
    The consultation period has only just begun, there will not be anything to show from it for a few months yet whilst they gather information. You can find out more here https://consultation.londonresort.info/ and also sign up for the consultation meetings online if you want to find out more. I will be attending one next week and will pass on anything I learn from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest View Post
    Why has there been no updates from the public consultation or news posted by the resort?

7. The company wants to license Universal for the second park

8. I believe that the public consultation is on the 13th August. You can sign-up through the park’s twitter to get updates on it.

9. Why has there been no updates from the public consultation or news posted by the resort?

10. Who would be in charge of hiring underground utility locating or any other geophysical surveys needed?