Send your construction pics to content_at_themeparxdotcom

Shanghai Disneyland
Views: 2,002,944

Post an Update
Page 45 of 82 First Page ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... Last Page
Posts 441 - 450 of 817
  1. Andresmark is offline Curious Chap
    Will there be a livestream for the grand opening?

2. Yes I imagine the hotels will certainly accept bookings the night of the 15th. I don't know when though, best to keep a back up booking for something nearby.

Disney Village could potentially open ahead of the 16th.

3. Cool Pirates of the Caribbean Animatronic:

4. Adam is offline themeparX Top Investigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    FYI since there has been a bit of misinformation spread here already, there will NOT be a soft opening available to the public before June 16th. People will certainly be inside the park before then, but soft openings don't work like ride soft openings. Only those invited. Don't show up on June 15th expecting to be able to buy a ticket even if there are 20k people they let inside, they've all been invited.
    Thanks Anonymous for clarifying. Do you know if I will be able to book a hotel the night before - i.e. stay in the hotel on the night of June 15 when I am attending the park on 16th? Or is this also invitation only? (There is a new large hotel near my house in London England which is "only soft launched", but to them that just means they only take bookings in person and not on their website yet.)

5. FYI since there has been a bit of misinformation spread here already, there will NOT be a soft opening available to the public before June 16th. People will certainly be inside the park before then, but soft openings don't work like ride soft openings. Only those invited. Don't show up on June 15th expecting to be able to buy a ticket even if there are 20k people they let inside, they've all been invited.

6. Tala is offline themeparX Top Investigator
    A French-speaking news site talks about SDL. Here are some screenshots...

7. Adam is offline themeparX Top Investigator
    I have been following the development of SDR ever since it was first announced (and themeparX has been a goldmine of information for me). It's a lifelong dream of mine to attend the opening ceremony of a Disney resort! It will definitely be an amazing experience.

8. Tala is offline themeparX Top Investigator
    Some screenshots I took from the interactive map:

Check the entire map out here:
    https://www.shanghaidisneyresort.com/en/theme-park/maps/

9. CarlySX is offline themeparX Top Investigator
    I want to go to SDL for the opening day. Based on past experience (from HKDL, etc) how will it work? Will June 16 feature the opening ceremony and a speech from Bob Iger? Will they have a soft launch at a different time where people can attend before the official opening ceremony?
    Hi Adam,

Give this a read https://thewaltdisneycompany.com/opening-date-set-for-shanghai-disney-resort-disneys-newest-world-class-destination/ as that will give you a better idea of what to expect from the "official" source.

To answer your questions...

Yes - on June 16th they will "officially" open the park with a big fanfare, lots of press, speeches from Disney legends, lots of back slapping, extra special events etc.

Yes - It will open before that for "soft launch" but they won't generally publicise it until it is happening and even sometimes when it's happening they won't advertise it anywhere (that is sort of the point of a soft opening)

If you do go please take lots of photos and share them!