Send your construction pics to content_at_themeparxdotcom

Post an Update
Page 5 of 35 First Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... Last Page
Posts 41 - 50 of 344
  1. Quote Originally Posted by LeeleeSTAR View Post
    My concern all along has been that there is no intention to build the theme park and instead we get the central plaza with some additional leisure.

I strongly hope this isn't the case and they are trying to be vague with the theme park stuff to keep secrets.
    I have said this all along. This has happened overseas. No theme park but they get the hotels and housing. My money is on this happening here.

2. Themeparkmad is offline themeparX Top Investigator
    There is a proposal that 2000 construction workers could live on cruise ships on the opposite of the River Thames.

London Resort bosses are considering plans to hire two vessels, which would be docked in the River Thames at Tilbury in Essex, to accommodate workers during the six-year build of the £2.5bn park on the Swanscombe Peninsula.
    It is proposed accommodation would be provided at market rates and would help "mitigate negative impacts on the local constrained accommodation market".

Workers would then be ferried between the ships across the Thames to the construction site before and after shifts. But while it would provide "huge relief", resort bosses concede the "potentially unsightly nature" of the ships which would also reduce the knock-on local economic benefits due to "activity being contained on board".
    Source: https://www.kentonline.co.uk/gravesend/news/cruise-ship-plan-to-house-2-5bn-theme-park-workforce-243241/

3. Themeparkmad is offline themeparX Top Investigator
    Mine was from PY Gerbeau and it said he thanks us for attending the consultation, like they said nothing we haven't already heard.

4. It was talking about how the plans were accepted, nothing we haven’t already heard! It did give a link to the document though!

5. I got an email from The London Resort because I was on the consultation - anyone else receive an email?

6. What has Faithden bid for and what details have we got about the actual hotel?

7. Michael is offline themeparX Top Investigator
    Faithdean Plc has won the bid to build The Paramount Hotel at The London Resort.

8. LeeleeSTAR is offline Senior Park Investigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Themeparkmad View Post
    I agree LRCH are being very quiet about the park.
    I believe this is for two reasons:
    They are still in deals with BBC, ITV, Paramount, and as some people think, Universal.
    Or the plan was to never build a park and to just build up some hype so the public accepts it, then ditch the park and become a leisure facility!

Hopefully we can get some vague details about the actual rides soon.
    My concern all along has been that there is no intention to build the theme park and instead we get the central plaza with some additional leisure.

I strongly hope this isn't the case and they are trying to be vague with the theme park stuff to keep secrets.

9. Themeparkmad is offline themeparX Top Investigator
    I agree LRCH are being very quiet about the park.
    I believe this is for two reasons:
    They are still in deals with BBC, ITV, Paramount, and as some people think, Universal.
    Or the plan was to never build a park and to just build up some hype so the public accepts it, then ditch the park and become a leisure facility!

Hopefully we can get some vague details about the actual rides soon.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    I want to point out a few things regarding the design of the actual theme park at The London Resort which is, at least officially, still shrouded in mystery. Since December 2019 The London Resort has released two versions of the aerial overview concept art and unlike most concept art for anything, the newer version gets more obscure and indiscernible. Meanwhile as the design for the central area of the resort (waterpark, hotels, etc.) evolves that part of the concept art gets more detailed and accurate in the newer version...
    They are certainly being tight lipped about what attractions will be in the park. The castle as the centrepiece of the park is about the only thing that is more or less confirmed by PY Gerbeau, still got a feeling Universal are involved somehow.