12 Feb 2009
Construction Start:
31 Oct 2016
Opening:
20 Sep 2021
Area:
42 ha
Developer:
Beijing Shouhuan Cultural Tourism Investment Co., Universal Destinations & Experiences
  1. CarlySX is offline themeparX Top Investigator
    Position for "General Counsel" was advertised this week... Not a huge amount of detail but interesting that they are hiring someone for legal at this stage rather than using an existing employee. I think that is a great sign that work will move quickly.

The General Counsel of the Managed Components Branch reports to the General Manager and is responsible for leading the legal function and handling the general legal issues related to the operation of the Managed Components of Universal Beijing Resort (which include the theme park, parking areas, CityWalk, common areas and back of house areas).
    Responsibilities include negotiating, drafting and interpreting complex business contracts, third-party services agreements, managing issues relating to compliance, intellectual property, human resources and procurement matters.
    Source: https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/job-listing/beijing-general-counsel-universal-studios-JV_IC2398510_KO0,23_KE24,41.htm?jl=1815278359

2. Anything on this?

3. Universal Studios Beijing will feature Monkey King
    http://www.ecns.cn/m/cns-wire/2016/03-11/202523.shtml

4. xanderm is offline Senior Park Investigator
    A panoramic pic of the site from the roof of a nearby building this morning. The green thing covered area should be the park, maybe larger. The new subway line 7 will be built under the main road in this pic. The road goes west into the direction of Beijing City Center.

5. xanderm is offline Senior Park Investigator

infrastructure: metro/subway update.

Someone published the "environmental impact report" of the line 7 east extension project.
    There will be two subway lines reaching the universal studios beijing before it's ready to open, both extending existing subway lines: Batong line ( itself the east extension of line 1) and line 7.
    The east end of batong line was already close to the theme park, they will build one more station. Line 7 is quite far, people have guessed where it'll go and where the stations will be, in this report we have the first official information on it. It's all underground, (batong line is above ground).There will be 8 new stations. There will be a vehicle base near the end of the line, marked on the map. The end station will be near citywalk.

You can compare it with the earlier plan of the park.

This is a non-official subway map of 2021 beijing. The two lines reaching the park are near 4 o'clock, the red line is batong, pale orange is 7. There's another important new rail transit that might reach the park, the S6. (it's not on this map because it's no longer subway, but something faster i think). It will connect the two main airports of beijing (the new one being built right now), in the old plan it will go past somewhere near the park, and they say they are looking into whether they can change it to go through the park directly. New plan will come out before june I think. They are making a whole lot of new plans for this larger area of Tongzhou, the shinny new 2nd center of Beijing.

6. Anything on this?

7. CarlySX is offline themeparX Top Investigator
    So no new images as such but a good roundup or what we can expect in the new park based on the concept art.

Potential attractions identified:
    Hogsmeade & Diagon Alley (Harry Potter)
    Transformers
    Hulk (or similar ride)
    Jurassic Park & Kong Island
    Revenge of the Mummy
    Shrek's Far, Far Away Kingdom

Particularly interesting is the idea that they may build a hotel over the entrance based on the concept map and some artwork that was done for a never started Orlando project.

Source: http://themeparkupdates.com/2014/10/21/jays-speculation-universal-studios-beijing/

8. @xanderm, that's a great find! Do you have a close up of the park map/layout in blue?

9. xanderm is offline Senior Park Investigator
    * I made a mistake earlier. It's not a "totally different" plan. I missed the two blocks of normal buildings in the new(?) plan in the 2nd pic so it's just somehow different.

Quote Originally Posted by xanderm View Post
    I didn't find a better pic, but I did what I can to recover the perspective of the pic.

It fits another pic I found.

This plan is totally different from the plan in these older pics. In the new(?) plan, the park lies in the north.

10. xanderm is offline Senior Park Investigator
    I didn't find a better pic, but I did what I can to recover the perspective of the pic.

It fits another pic I found.

This plan is totally different from the plan in these older pics. In the new(?) plan, the park lies in the north.