$3.7B
Announced:
12 Jan 2009
Construction Start:
08 Apr 2011
Opening:
91 ha
  1. CarlySX is offline themeparX Top Investigator
    Not the most enlightening article but there is talk about "purchasing" fast pass - might just be a bad translation but thought this was worth sharing.

During the soft-opening period, the three most popular rides were: “TRON Light Cycle Power Run,” “Pirates of Caribbean Battle for the Sunken Treasure” and “Soaring Over the Horizon.” Waiting times for these rides ranged from two to three hours, but to speed things up you can purchase a Fastpass.

There are Guest Services centers in each of the park’s themed lands that display the waiting time for all attractions. Visitors can get Fastpass tickets to selected rides in each land at these centers. It usually takes about 15 to 20 minutes to secure such a pass, so it is recommended that you get your tickets early.

Visitors should also be aware that they can only purchase Fastpass tickets for one attraction at a time, and can only obtain one pass every three hours. Guests should also be aware that attractions participating in the Fastpass program are subject to change.
    Source: http://www.shanghaidaily.com/feature/travel/Tips-to-maximize-the-magic-of-Disneyland/shdaily.shtml

2. hb1900 is offline Senior Park Investigator
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoAteMyNutella View Post
    Where did you get the Schedule? Is it a cast member thing or a thing on a website or something?
    You can check the schedule in the SDL app (Android / iOS). It's actually Friday the 3rd, not the 2nd. My mistake.

3. WhoAteMyNutella is offline Park Investigator
    Quote Originally Posted by hb1900 View Post
    Roaring Rapids seems to be opening on Friday (June 2) according to the current schedule.
    Where did you get the Schedule? Is it a cast member thing or a thing on a website or something?

4. hb1900 is offline Senior Park Investigator
    Roaring Rapids seems to be opening on Friday (June 2) according to the current schedule.

5. Interesting, when I called they told me Premier Tour was not available until July! Need to contact them again....

6. Anyone wants to join us on our Disney Premium Tour?

We managed to get a reservation for Friday June 17th. That way, everyone has time to experience the new park and the festivities of the grand opening day (16th) in a relaxed way because we know for sure that on the next day we are guaranteed to do all the rides as much as we like during the tour.

Our plan is to do the tour in the afternoon between 1pm and 7pm on June 17th and mainly focus on the rides. We would like to do the big rides like Tron, Soarin, Pirates several times and do the small rides at least once each. We do not plan to watch a show or have a table service meal during the tour because we feel that would be a waste of time / money. Those things can be done outside of the tour .

Who wants to join us? The more we are, the lower the cost per person. Disney charged me 12500 RMB for the tour and we are already 3 people. With you we'd already be 4 to share the cost and the experience .

Email me under my first name at lueneberger dot de. (for spam protection you need to look up my first name from below)

Best Regards,
    Felix

7. Anyone know what the crowd capacity number is for Shanghai Disneyland?

8. It is for a maximum of 6 pax.

9. hesperus is offline Park Investigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    I called the resort just now to confirm on the pricing of the Premier Tour of the park. Although, it is quite hard to understand the English of the CM on duty, she was really patient with me and repeated many times with a happy tone.

Anyway, she informed that the price for high season was RMB 12,000 and for low season RMB 9,000. The rate is quite massive for us, so we will skip that tour
    Is that price for each person? or max 6 people?

10. I called the resort just now to confirm on the pricing of the Premier Tour of the park. Although, it is quite hard to understand the English of the CM on duty, she was really patient with me and repeated many times with a happy tone.

Anyway, she informed that the price for high season was RMB 12,000 and for low season RMB 9,000. The rate is quite massive for us, so we will skip that tour