$1.8B
Announced:
15 Dec 2016
Construction Start:
Opening:
unknown
11 ha
Developer:
China Oceanwide Holdings, Kerzner (Atlantis)
Operator:
Consultants:
Contractors:
  1. Michael is offline themeparX Top Investigator
    I just came across some great new concept art of the resort:

This design is very different from the earlier concept art that had a more "classic" Atlantis aesthetic. Of course this concept art is not necessarily the final design either. Note that the large waterpark is closer to the street and the resort tower itself is right along the beach. In the first new concept art the beige/tan colored buildings in the back are Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa so the two resorts will be right against each other.

Facts about the $1.8 billion Atlantis Ko Olina

- Five star luxury resort with 1400 guest rooms
    - 1,000,000 gallon aquarium + snorkel lagoon
    - Aquaventure Waterpark to feature waterslides, lazy river and wave pool
    - Thirteen signature restaurants

Sources: http://www.fhkg.com/index.php/Ch/Cms/Industrial/jdgl_xqy/id/67 and https://www.slideshare.net/slideshow/embed_code/key/sMiH2RVubJF0w1

2. Any recent updates on this project?

3. munrohawaii is offline Park Investigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Guest View Post
    No, I would not recommend staying at Beach Villas. I live in Ko Olina. They are set to start construction in April and there will be lots of noise and congestion in the next 3 years. Many of the villas are selling their units because they know there will be noise. It wouldn't be a very peaceful way to enjoy paradise. I would say stay at Four Seasons or in the back side of Ko Olina Hillside villas or Fairways.
    Where are you getting your information from that construction will be starting in April 2018? That is about a year early from everything I am hearing as of late. If there is something formal you've seen or heard with an actual construction start date announced, it would be good to share that.

4. munrohawaii is offline Park Investigator
    In your reference of "existing structure" it appears as though you are referring to the Beach Villas at Ko Olina. Those are the two towers located at the center of lagoon 2 and between the two vacant lots. These consist of 247 privately owned condos, and the Beach Villas at Ko Olina Association. It is not going anywhere and will not become part of Atlantis. Atlantis is slated to only be on the vacant parcel between Beach Villas and Disney and not sure why people are saying it will start construction soon. There is no activity whatsoever on either of the vacant lots. What I'm hearing lately is that it's unlikely any construction will even start this year. It's hard to know as nothing formal announced.

No construction date has been set that I have heard of and everything I am hearing currently is that we are not likely to see any construction occurring until 2019. Since nothing has been formally announced, it's mostly speculation that is happening online. I do have some good sources since I'm in the resort almost every day.

Once there is a formal date lined up, I'm sure we will see something come out from Ko Olina. This is a massive development so the paperwork, permitting and everything else involved is going to take some time I'm sure. Once anything changes I'll jump back on here to post updates.

5. Michael is offline themeparX Top Investigator
    Is the existing structure part of the Atlantis development or is Atlantis just the vacant land between that structure and Disney?

Considering the size of an Atlantis, it would seem to need the two vacant tracts with the structure in the middle.
    The existing structure is not part of the Atlantis development, you're correct about it just being the vacant land between that structure and Disney. I totally agree with you and I wouldn't be surprised if that happens despite the plans they have currently announced...

6. Is the existing structure part of the Atlantis development or is Atlantis just the vacant land between that structure and Disney?

Considering the size of an Atlantis, it would seem to need the two vacant tracts with the structure in the middle.

7. No, I would not recommend staying at Beach Villas. I live in Ko Olina. They are set to start construction in April and there will be lots of noise and congestion in the next 3 years. Many of the villas are selling their units because they know there will be noise. It wouldn't be a very peaceful way to enjoy paradise. I would say stay at Four Seasons or in the back side of Ko Olina Hillside villas or Fairways.

8. Michael is offline themeparX Top Investigator
    Looking to book a condo at the beach villas in Jan 2019, concerned about the construction. Any updates? Would you book a pricey holiday with this perhaps happening? Thoughts?
    This is just speculation but I expect that construction would be taking place a year from now so noise would be possible...

9. Looking to book a condo at the beach villas in Jan 2019, concerned about the construction. Any updates? Would you book a pricey holiday with this perhaps happening? Thoughts?

10. CarlySX is offline themeparX Top Investigator
    No movement on the land since the chapel came down in July.
    Does anyone have an update on construction progress, there seems to be nothing happening at all, no news, permits etc.

Source: https://www.stays.io/property/ko-olina-beach-villa-bt-901-bt-901-ocean-view-penthouse-beachfront/HA-1017885