Aerial view over Pandora
Send your construction pics to uploads @ themeparx.com
Could be some hints to experiences / rides in Pandora in the newly leaked pin badges
Source: http://wdwnt.com/blog/2016/10/breaking-images-avatar-theme-park-merchandise-leak-new-details-animal-kingdom-land-emerge/While it may be us overthinking, some of the places and things showcased in the mystery pin set could very well be places and experiences for guests on Pandora:
* Mo’ara – This is reportedly a location that will play a larger role in then AVATAR sequels, but is not mentioned in the first film nor any lore beyond that as of yet.
* Navi Cultural Relations – Guests will get to meet the large Navi people in meet and greet type experiences (or even roaming around perhaps).
* The Mountain Banshee Project – This will play a central roll in the Flight of Passage attraction where guests will ride aboard Banshees. Part of this project will allow humans to ride on these magnificent creatures, something usually only done by the Na’vi people.
* The Drum Circle – This is a ceremony where Jake Sully became a member of the Na’Vi in the film. It is possible there will be an experience where guests can take part in a similar ceremony and become an honorary member of the people of Pandora.
* The Pandora Cavern Tours – This could be its own walking experience, part of the queue for either of the two ride-through attractions in the land, or a scene in the Na’Vi River Journey ride.
With this being an "internal" casting call, what exactly would someone need to do to actually apply? I'm guessing you'd already have to be employed by Disney, right? Sad, since I'm one a member of the lernnavi.org community, local, teacher, and actually know Dr.Paul/attended some of his Na'vi classes.
It looks like cast members are going to have to learn Na'vi and be able to teach visitors about Pandora's culture and customs.
Source: http://wdwnt.com/blog/2016/09/disney-cast-members-will-need-speak-navi-work-pandora-world-avatar/An internal casting call for “proprietors” (basically the leaders of each land in Disney theme parks) has gone out at Walt Disney World for Pandora: The World of AVATAR at Disney’s Animal Kingdom:
“Pandora: The World of Avatar is committed to becoming the most immersive and engaging land in the history of The Walt Disney Company. Through unparalleled storytelling, place-making and attention to detail, this role will be critical in leading and inspiring our Cast as they set the standard by which all other experiences are measured.”
The more interesting part is the basic job qualifications for the role, which include a proficiency in a new language…
“Ability to understand, articulate and teach Na’vi and Pandora culture and its connection to the Disney’s Animal Kingdom brand”
“Willingness to learn a new language: learnnavi.org”
“Inspire, educate and hold Leaders and Cast accountable to be an active participant in an immersive experience”
“Develop and deliver a plan to premier Pandora: The World of Avatar as the most immersive experience ever accomplished”
James Cameron is going to be presenting at D23. If anyone is attending please can you update us as soon as you hear anything new?
It’s been awhile since we’ve heard any new information regarding Disney’s Animal Kingdom’s Pandora: The World of AVATAR. Hopefully that’s about to change because James Cameron has been added to the list of talents presenting at D23 Destination D: Amazing Adventures. This official D23 fan club event will take place November 19-20, 2016 at Disney’s Contemporary Resort.Source: http://www.orlandothemeparkupdates.com/2016/james-cameron-to-reveal-more-details-on-pandora-at-d23-destination-d-event/During the Pandora presentation, James Cameron (writer, director, producer of AVATAR) and Jon Landeau (producer of AVATAR) will join Disney Imagineer Joe Rohde to unveil new details about the 12-acre land slated to open at Disney’s Animal Kingdom in 2017.